Podlove-Stats for on the go
You're running a podcast-show and use Wordpress and the Podlove Publisher to publish it? But you don't want to login every time when you want to have a glimpse at the stats? What about an App for iPhone and iPad? Say “hello” to Podcast Analytics!
- Shows the download numbers of your podcast hosted with Podlove on your iPhone or iPad.
- You can see them either in a table or in an interactive chart.
- That's it.
In order to use the app, you must run a set of certain software on your server. This is a pretty popular setup among podcasters in Germany, who don't use a paid service.
- Wordpress: Please make sure to run Wordpress version
4.4(or higher). Also, the login-page
wp-login.phpneeds to be accessible. Otherwise, you can use an Authentication-plugin (see below).
- Podlove Podcast Publisher: You also need the Podlove Podcast Publisher-plugin for Wordpress, at least version
2.7.17(or higher)). You have to enable the Podlove-analytics. Otherwise, the app wouldn't make a lot of sense for you
- HTTPS: Your server must have a valid SSL-certificate. If you don't have one yet, you might want to have a look at Let's Encrypt.
- User Account: Please note, that you need a Wordpress user account, that also can access the Podlove stats on the website. According to the Release Notes of the Podlove Publisher this user account must have the
podlove_read_analytics-permission. This means, that the user account must be one of the following roles on an unmodified Wordpress-installation: "author", "editor", or "admin".
- A Wordpress-Auth-Plugin (Optional): If you prefer to use an Authentication-plugin for your Wordpress, just install one and use the credentials from this plugin to login. Podcast Analytics has been tested and used with Application Passwords and, for development purposes, with Basic-Auth. In older versions of the app (prior to
2021.1) this plugin was mandatory.
You have something important to say? Maybe valuable feedback or feature requests? Or you just want to be a beta-tester? I'm really looking forward to hearing from you! Just send me an e-mail to podcast-app(at)bullenscheisse.de or a direct message on either Twitter or Mastodon.