Podlove-Stats for on the go
- Shows the download numbers of your podcast hosted with Podlove on your iPhone or iPad.
- You can see them either in a table or in an interactive chart.
- That's it.
In order to use the app, you must run a set of certain software on your server. This is a pretty popular setup among podcasters in Germany, who don't use a paid service.
- Wordpress: Please make sure to run Wordpress version
- Podlove Podcast Publisher: You also need the Podlove Podcast Publisher-plugin for Wordpress, at least version
2.7.17(or higher)). You have to enable the Podlove-analytics. Otherwise, the app wouldn't make a lot of sense for you
- A Wordpress-Auth-Plugin: Last, but not least, you'll also need an Authentication-plugin for your Wordpress. Podcast Analytics has been tested and used with Application Passwords and Basic-Auth for development purposes.
- HTTPS: Your server must have a valid SSL-certificate. If you don't have one yet, you might want to have a look at Let's Encrypt.
- User Account: Please note, that you need a Wordpress user account, that also can access the Podlove stats on the website. According to the Release Notes of the Podlove Publisher this user account must have the
podlove_read_analytics-permission. This means, that the user account must be one of the following roles on an unmodified Wordpress-installation: "author", "editor", or "admin".
You have something important to say? Maybe valuable feedback or feature requests? Or you just want to be a beta-tester? I'm really looking forward to hearing from you! Just send me an e-mail to podcast-app(at)bullenscheisse.de or a direct message on either Twitter or Mastodon.